job Requisition : 20191205-001
Job title : Yardi Systems Project Management Consultant (Remote)
job location : Remote
Open Date : 12/01/2019
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
JDR Consulting is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our consulting panel for Yardi Voyager system implementations. JDR Consulting helps Yardi users across the country get quick, accurate solutions to their technology and workflow optimization needs. This opportunity is a home-based, 1099 consulting position. Applicant must be willing to travel. Note, JDR is not accepting any international applicants or applicants requiring Visa sponsorship at this time. Individuals without back-end Yardi implementation experience will not be considered.
The Yardi Systems Project Manager will be expected to lead, from end-to-end, the planning and implementation of medium to large Yardi Systems implementation projects. The Yardi Systems Project Manager will be responsible for all scheduling, meeting minutes, scoping documentation, project risk tracking, project issue tracking, business requirements, technical designs, project plans, status reports, implementation run books, project change control and project closure and lessons learned interviews. A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Yardi Voyager implementation, back-end support and training is required. A customer service focus as well as strong organizational, spoken and written communication skills are required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Project Manager.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working on the back-end of Yardi Voyager.
- Experience with legacy system replacement projects.
- Expertise with Core 7S, Residential, Commercial, Investment, Construction, Affordable, PHA and/or other modules required.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), with proficiency in analyzing business and functional requirements, writing and executing project plans.
- Ability to define project scope and technical specifications, set clear goals and expectations, prioritize activities, facilitate the collection of technical, operational or business requirements, set milestones and follow through to successful completion.
- Able to multi-task, be pro-active in project planning and requirements gathering, set and maintain multiple priorities.
- Able to manage multiple projects and resources concurrently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including executive level negotiation, problem resolution and customer service.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with people regardless of their technical skill set.
- Experience with change control and release management.
- Expertise with Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, Visio & PowerPoint.
- Experience presenting projects to upper management and the ability to present complex ideas clearly and persuasively.
- Lead the planning and implementation of medium to large projects from end to end.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements (specify goals, schedule tasks, identify risks, plan contingencies).
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Work to understand scope of new projects and identify preliminary impacts for estimation.
- Translate business needs into actionable documentation/specifications, including use case scenarios, models and conceptual design diagrams to support iterative development.
- Communicate clear information to ensure project teams understand project plans and requirements.
- Conduct internal project status meetings cross-functional, integrated teams.
- Prepare project status, meeting notes, and resource reports; keeps management and others informed of project status.
- Generates innovative ideas to resolve problems.
- Achieving all defined target goals and milestone dates for the project in order to ensure its overall success.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, marketing, business, or a related field from an accredited institution required.
- MBA in Project Management or PMP certification a plus.
- Experience with Six Sigma, CMM or ITIL methodologies a plus.